- Location Abu Dhabi
- Category Academic Departments
- Address 4066 Hydra Village, Al Ranat street, Hydra Village
- Language English
- Highest Degree Level Masters
- Total Years of Experience 21
- Expected Job Level Middle
I am a highly motivated educator with a strong standing background in vocational education and training, production and maintenance engineering, assessment and facilitating learning programmes. Currently I am teaching at the Institute of Applied Technology in Abu Dhabi in NQA Engineering programmes as well as BTEC Level 3 programmes.
In my other previous employment, I have been involved in offering technical training in both theory and practical sessions to mechanical engineering students at a Technical Vocational Training institution. In this responsibility I prepared theory and practical lessons, did practical demonstrations and carried out lab equipment and machinery tests. I have also worked as a mechanical apprentice as well as skilled journeyman specialising in industrial plant maintenance, fitting and machine-shop engineering. I have worked on both convectional and computer numerical control machines
I found that my professional experience in industry as an engineering tradesman and as a vocational instructor provided me with a broad view that is useful in assisting students with their engineering projects and assignments. These experiences have built my confidence and interest in facilitating engineering programmes. I further strongly feel that such expertise will be a value addition to your engineering department.
Looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your consideration.
- Abu Dhabi Vocational Education and Training Institute Teacher / Instructor - Mechanical Engineering
- Designing learning material in Mechanical Engineering courses.
- Planning and delivering NQA and BTEC Level 3 engineering programmes.
- Organizing and planning of assessments.
- Providing learners with constructive feedback.
- Taking daily attendance register for students and reporting any anomalies.
- Visiting host companies to monitor students’ progress during on-the-job training
- Supervised apprentices in hands-on skills, machining and theory work.
- Ensured compliance of assessments with Awarding Board.
- Designed learning environments that are engaging and conducive to learning.
- Collaborated with other educators and administrators on departmental issue
- Gert Sibande TVET College- South Africa Engineering Lecturer
- Facilitated theoretical and workshop practical training for Learnerships, Gap training, skills programmes and any other type of training.
- Practical demonstrations of lessons
- Supervised students on work-based placement.
- Administered assessments, internal and external moderation for assessments
- General management of the mechanical workshop inventory.