Health and Safety Professional
- Location Ras Al Khaimah
- Category Support Services
- Language English, Arabic
- Highest Degree Level Bachelor Architectural Engineering
- Total Years of Experience + 8
- Expected Job Level HSE Officer
A detail oriented, strategy-driven and reliable Environmental, Health and Safety Professional with over 8+ years of experience and success in advancing academic institutions’ HSE programs – leveraging a plethora of HSE-related certifications, an extensive exposure to people and projects and with a verifiable track record of delivering significant risk reduction, reviewing and maintain risk management registers system-wide and with continuous improvement initiatives that drive stakeholder satisfaction and operational excellence.
Assumes key leadership roles – overseeing EHS management systems, developing and implementing EHS policies, practices, and programs, and facilitating training and other capacity building activities – grounded on the core pillars of occupational health and safety, environmental protection, emergency preparedness, and regulatory compliance. A certified lead auditor with strong and versatile knowledge in EHS incident investigation, promoting health and safety in the workplace with commitment to continuous learning and development opportunities and taking on new roles and initiatives.
- Institute of Applied Technology Health and Safety Coordinator
• Heightened operational accountability and transparency by furnishing senior management, staff, and service providers with reports on accidents and incidents at work and collaborating on measures to promote worksite safety, encouraging safe work practices, and rectifying worksite hazards immediately
• Maintained open lines of communication with the Health and Safety Committees – facilitating meetings, as needed, to brief on the health and safety aspects of the daily operations and apprise on the improvement plans involving lighting, ventilation, and other environmental ergonomics at work.
• Aligned workplace practices, environments, and equipment with all UAE and international requirements and standards.
• Liaised with the Civil Defense in developing and monitoring the effectiveness of emergency procedures, evacuation plans, fire drills, and fire alarm systems throughout the campus.
• Supported the creation of the workplace safety mindset by delivering health and safety orientations and producing presentations and other learning resources.
• Offered informative and recommendatory guidance to the senior management on a broad range of contemporary workplace health and safety issues and opportunities for improvement.
- Higher Colleges of Technology Health and Safety Sr. Officer
• Oversees the implementation of the EHS internal management system and review the campus’ policies and procedures
• Enables optimal working conditions by monitoring environmental parameters including ambient and indoor air quality, water and wastewater quality, noise exposure, and hazardous materials through environmental industrial hygiene survey.
• Facilitates compliance of the campus facilities, systems, and equipment with international standards, governmental regulations, and internal EHS policies, procedures, and processes by conducting internal EHS audits and inspections.
• Expedites the identification of non-conformances through development and enforcement of a systematic approach with the EHS Internal Audit Team.
• Improves the safety performance by collecting data, evaluating trends and incidents, and sponsoring preventive and corrective actions accordingly.
• Upholds and promotes the central health and safety awareness and development program by designing and facilitating induction training and occupational safety workshops and sessions for staff, students, and other stakeholders.
• Intensifies emergency preparedness by establishing the fire evacuation and first aid procedures, and administering periodical emergency evacuation drills on campuses.
• Ensures business continuity through expert management of operational constraints including the appetite for change due to COVID-19.