Liwa College, Abu Dhabi, and Al Ain Campuses:
Since 1993, Liwa College has stood as a cornerstone of higher education in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, nurturing potential and supplying the UAE labor market with skilled professionals. Today, Liwa College is dedicated to empowering all students to excel both academically and personally by providing them with the finest resources, support, and guidance available. To achieve this goal, Liwa College offers targeted programs and services meticulously designed to enhance academic progress and overall well-being. We proudly offer 25 bachelor’s and diploma programs across our 5 faculties: Faculty of Media and Public Relations, Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, Faculty of Business, Faculty of Engineering, and Faculty of Information Technology.
The Faculty of Media and Public Relations at Liwa College is inviting applications for one faculty position, preferably at the assistant or associate professor level, in (Mass) Communication (specialization in Digital Media). The successful candidate is expected to start in September 2024.
Selected candidates will teach both theoretical and practical courses on the Abu Dhabi or Al Ain campuses. The candidate must be highly self-motivated to achieve the mission of the Faculty of Media and Public Relations in the areas of teaching, research, and community/professional service.
The successful candidates will:
- Participate in teaching theoretical and practical courses in Arabic in the Digital Media program.
- Teach other communication courses as per faculty needs.
- Perform academic advising throughout the academic year.
- Perform other college, community, and professional services.
- Assist in the continued development, promotion, and accreditation of the Program.
The successful candidate must have advanced proficiency in using digital media applications and other tools needed to teach various courses in the Digital Media program. They must possess a notable track record of teaching and scholarship in internationally recognized and peer-reviewed publications, especially in Scopus-indexed journals, in addition to other forms of scholarship. The ability to use Artificial Intelligence applications in teaching is a plus. In addition, proficiency in social media management is desirable.
Minimum qualifications include:
- A Ph.D. holder in (Mass) Communication with a specialization in Digital Media.
- Fluency in spoken and written Arabic and English
Applications must include:
- Cover letter describing qualifications and interest in the position.
- Updated CV, including:
- links to the candidate’s profiles in ORCID, Google Scholar, Research Gate, etc. and
- the names and contact information of at least three professional references.
- Three of the candidates’ recent research papers were published in Scopus-indexed journals (or Arcif-indexed journals) and a significant item of creative scholarship (if applicable).
- Copies of degrees along with transcripts (official certified transcripts will be requested if an offer of employment is made).